The Advantages of Home Cooking Compared to Restaurant Cuisine from the Health Side
You may have been curious, whether it is true that home cooking is healthier restaurant cuisine. To answer the confusion, you should understand the advantages of home cooking compared to restaurant cuisine from the health side.
The cuisine you consume greatly affects the health of your body. Healthy cuisine must meet the body’s nutritional needs, be processed with healthy ingredients, and cooked in a healthy way. This type of cuisine will certainly be easier to get by cooking at home.
Advantages of Home Cooking from Restaurant Cuisine
In general, home cooking is relatively easier to control both in terms of cleanliness to costs incurred. Here are some advantages of home cooking over restaurant food:
- Determining the seasoning used
The use of seasonings in cooking can affect your health. By cooking at home, you can manage the type of food and seasonings used. For example, you have high blood pressure, then you can reduce salt. Or foods and drinks low in sugar for those of you with diabetes.
- Manage nutrients as needed
If you want to implement a healthy lifestyle, you can more easily manage the nutrients according to your body’s needs by cooking yourself at home. Restaurant cuisine, especially fast food restaurants, usually contains a lot of fat, oil, sugar, salt, and other ingredients.
- Ensuring its cleanliness
Although it looks luxurious and attractive, you can’t always ensure the cleanliness of the food in the restaurant. Both from the cleanliness of the kitchen, the tools used, to its presentation. While at home, you can ensure the cleanliness of the cuisine. For example, foodstuffs such as vegetables or fruits are washed to avoid contamination of Ecoli bacteria found in foodstuffs.
- Choosing how to cook
You can also monitor the cooking processing at home, to get healthier dishes. Such as choosing a healthier use of oils, or reducing the use of oils by steaming or grilling food.
- Arrange portions as needed
Many restaurants offer cuisine with large portions to attract buyers. In fact, that portion far exceeds the needs of the buyer. By cooking at home, you can arrange portions of food as needed, so that it can maintain an ideal weight.
When compared to home cooking, the advantages of restaurant cuisine are more practical, fast, many choices, and have a variety of flavors. However, the lack of restaurant cuisine is that you do not know how the process and how to cook it, the nutrients contained in it, the ingredients used, and the cleanliness of the cuisine. This will certainly be very annoying for those of you who want to implement a healthy lifestyle.
Choosing Healthy Restaurant Food
Although home cooking is relatively healthier, it does not mean that there are no healthy dishes in the restaurant. To get a healthy menu, come to the restaurant that serves healthy cuisine. In addition, there are several things to be aware of when choosing a restaurant, including:
- Cleanliness of tables, floors and cutlery
- If the tables, floors and cutlery are not clean, it may be a good idea to move to a restaurant that is more clean.
- Have a business license from the government
- Make sure the restaurant you are visiting has a business license from the Government and a sanitation certificate from the local Health Office.
- Has a handwashing place
- The existence of a clean handwashing place indicates that the restaurant prioritizes cleanliness.
- Have a good sanitation system
- If the bathroom looks dirty and the sanitary ducts are clogged, most likely the restaurant does not really pay attention to its cleanliness.
- No insects or other animals
- If you notice any rats, cockroaches, flies or other insects, it is best to reconsider eating food in the restaurant.
Whether eating home cooking or restaurant cuisine, try to always meet nutritional needs as needed, such as consuming vegetables, fruits, sources of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats with a balanced composition. Last but not least, make sure you eat the portions as needed to stay healthy.